Having your carpet, upholstery and/or hard surface cleaned by Pro-Care? Here are some suggestions for you to prepare that will help both of us:
- Please remove any small items such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, floor plants, etc. from any areas that are going to be cleaned.
- Please remove all breakable items from furniture which will have to be temporarily moved, cleaned under, and placed back.
- Please pin up any full-length draperies so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
- Please pin up any skirts on upholstered furniture, which may be touching the carpet.
- Computer equipment, china cabinets, sectional sofas, entertainment centers, antique and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath such items can be cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base.
- During the pre-inspection walk-through with your technicians, please advise them of any special requirements to follow when moving your furniture such as weak legs, loose tops or previous repairs.
- Also, call attention to any spots or stains which may require special techniques.
- Please put your pets in a safe, quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
- A special note about odors:
We do everything possible to reduce or eliminate pet odors. However, due to the depth of contamination, 100% success may not be attained. Also, for several days after cleaning you may notice an elevated odor due to higher humidity levels.
- For safety sake, be sure to keep an extra close eye on your curious little ones.
Special After Care Information:
- Please leave your plastic “tabs” and “blocks” under your furniture for 48 hours after cleaning.
- As a safety precaution please do not let your children or pets crawl or lie down on the carpet until they are completely dry.
- Please use extreme caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard surface area.
How To Prepare For Your Fabric Protector Application
- Notify ALL persons residing or working at the application site about your fabric protector project, and inform them of the guidelines covered here. PLEASE do not schedule any other service companies at the project site during the scheduled application. If this cannot be avoided, make sure that we are aware of the situation.
- Ensure that any items or areas to be treated are free from any loose personal belongings such as clothing, toys, electronics, Etc.
- For rug applications please remove all small items such as chairs, ottomans, floor lamps or tables. It is very important that you inform us if larger pieces such as sectionals or sofas will need to be moved so that we can have the appropriate personnel on your project.
- Please inform our service technician of any pre-existing spots, stains, soiling or defects that you are aware of on items to be treated.
- Our service technicians will facilitate proper ventilation during the application process by opening any available windows or doors. Air movers will also be used to improve dry time and help ventilate.
- Please prohibit access of people and pets to items and areas that are being treated during the application process.
- We recommend restricting access to the treated items for two to four hours after the application is complete to give ample dry time.
- At times you may smell the presence of Isopropyl Alcohol, as this is the carrying agent for Fiber ProTector. There is absolutely no reason for concern. The fabric protector has been applied directly to the textile and is not airborne. Isopropyl Alcohol can sometimes be quite evident during and shortly after application. However, within a short time it should only be slightly noticeable similar to walking into a bathroom where hair spray was recently used.
Following these simple recommendations will ensure that your fabric protector application goes as smoothly as possible. You can have peace of mind knowing that your fine textiles have been protected by the most advanced fabric protection system in the world, Fiber ProTector®.